Our virtual K-12 programs are not currently available. Check out our Teaching Resources page and Explore from Home pages for fun ways to bring museum adventures to your students.
Our virtual programs bring a museum educator directly to your learners through live video conferencing. From investigating the past with the mighty mammoth to exploring Tribal homelands throughout Oregon, we offer a variety of fun, inquiry-based learning adventures.
All programs are taught by trained museum educators and are aligned with state and national content standards. Pre-registration is required.
A museum educator conducts the program activities live, using the platform of your choice (like Zoom, Microsoft Teams, Google Meet, etc.). Using your school’s preferred platform, you'll set up and share a meeting link with the MNCH education team. The museum educator will join your virtual meeting as a guest and lead the program from there. You'll need to enable screen-sharing for the educator.
Our programs are designed to minimize lecture time and to maximize time for students to make observations, practice scientific thinking, and engage in group conversations. The museum educator will be the facilitator as your group explores the artifacts or specimens and shares what they notice and what they think about the objects. There will be time for Q+A.
- Artifact Investigation (45 minutes)
Explore cultural artifacts from the four geographic regions of the state. Learn about the Tribes that have lived in Oregon since time immemorial. Explore the virtual Oregon—Where Past is Present exhibit.
Programs must be requestedat least two weeks prior to your requested date.
- Programs are available Mondays through Fridays between 8:30 a.m. and 4:00 p.m. during the school year.
- Requests are handled on a first-come, first-served basis and depend on availability.
- Programs are 45 minutes and include time for Q+A
- To encourage participation, we request that teachers assist museum educators by calling on students to answer questions.
- Programs have been designed for groups of learners, rather than individual students, and we require a minimum group size of five participants.
- To ensure the best experience for every learner, the maximum group size for each 45-minute program is 35 participants. If you have more than 35 participants, then multiple sessions can be booked to accommodate larger groups.
- At least one adult teacher or adult volunteer must be present and help facilitate the activities with your students for the duration of the virtual program.
- The museum educator will be a guest presenter during the meeting and is not responsible for monitoring student behavior.
- Pre- and post-visit materials and lesson plans can be found on the Teaching Resources page.
The cost is $70 per program.
We offer a 50 percent discount on program fees for any school with 50 percent or more of its students eligible for free or reduced lunch.
Questions? Contact us at email@example.com or 541-346-1694.
Interested in checking out the museum before visiting with your students? Email for a FREE educator pass.
Visit our Teaching Resources page to learn about our online exhibits, free educator guides, and more.
Stay up to date on educator resources, K-12 programs, and more. Subscribe to our digital newsletter for K-12 educators.