Help us serve our mission.
With your support, the museum will enhance knowledge and inspire stewardship for generations to come.
From direct monetary support to planned giving to volunteering, gifts to the museum can come in many forms. To learn more about ways of giving, contact the museum's development director at 541-346-2467 or email@example.com. Thank you for your support!
By giving to the museum, you help to protect and interpret our collective heritage, provide transformative educational experiences, and promote scientific research.
Annual or direct monetary gifts can be made in three ways:
- Online through the UO Foundation
- In person Tuesday through Sunday, 11:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
- By mail to:
Museum of Natural and Cultural History
1224 University of Oregon
Eugene, OR 97403-1224
For more information on annual giving, contact the museum's development director at 541-346-2467 or firstname.lastname@example.org. Thank you for your support!
Planned gifts create a legacy of support for the museum’s future. For more information about including the museum in your estate plan, or making a gift that will provide you with income and reduce your taxes, please contact the museum's development director at 541-346-2467 or email@example.com.
The museum houses world-class collections spanning ethnographic and archaeological materials, fossil and biological specimens, and much more.
Interested in donating an item or collection to the museum? Potential gifts to collections are evaluated by our staff to ensure that they fit within our mission. To learn more, please contact the appropriate museum division:
Are you passionate about natural and cultural history? Want to share your enthusiasm with others? Volunteering at the Museum of Natural and Cultural History might be for you!
Fall 2019 volunteer recruitment is now closed. Please check back in 2020 for information on spring recruitment!
Volunteer trainings are offered twice a year, in the spring and the fall, and are required for museum volunteers.
If your volunteer application is accepted during the recruitment period, you'll be invited to register for a training. The entire training series costs $40 and includes a one-year individual membership to the museum (a $40 value) plus materials and supplies. All sessions are held at the museum.
- Exhibit Hall Interpreters provide the personalized experiences and perspectives that make museum trips memorable and meaningful for our visitors.
- Educational Program Instructor inspire curiosity and critical thinking about Oregon's past and present and lead hands-on activities for K-12 classes and community members.
- Visitor Services Volunteers staff special events, share information about membership, and greet visitors.
Aside from making a difference in our community and making new friends, volunteering at the MNCH comes with a variety of great rewards, including
- A certificate in museum interpretation
- Trainings that further your education
- A complimentary one-year membership to the MNCH, with upgrade options
- Parking permit for use in our first-come, first-served parking lot
- Invitations to special museum events
- Job references
- 10% off museum store purchases
- Invitation to our annual volunteer appreciation luncheon
- Quarterly volunteer meet-ups
For more information, contact the museum's volunteer coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org or 541-346-1717.
Interested in volunteering with the Collections or Research Divisions? Contact these divisions directly: