Enhance your students' learning. Our lesson and unit plans are designed to supplement K-12 programs at the museum or in your classroom. They'll help students prepare for their museum adventure, practice related vocabulary, review important concepts, and reflect on their experience.
- Animal Teeth and Skulls Handout
- Habitat Detectives Lesson Plan (Grades K-2)
- Wild Animal Exploration Lesson Plan (Grades K-2)
- Habitats and the Ecosystem Lesson Plan (Grades 4-8)
- Animals and their Habitats Lesson Plan (Grades 4-8)
- Animal Adaptations Lesson Plan (Grades 4-8)
- Big Bad Wolves - Fact or Fiction? Lesson Plan (Grades 6-8)
Help your students better understand COVID-19 and its effects on them, the nation, and the world.
- The Science Behind the News: COVID-19 from the New York Hall of Science
- Transmissions: Gone Viral is a digital interactive comic from the New York Hall of Science
- Coronavirus: A Book for Children from authors Elizabeth Jenner, Kate Wilson, and Nia Roberts with illustrations by Axel Scheffler and science consulting by Graham Medley of the London School of Hygiene & Tropical Medicine. Published under a Creative Commons license, the book is free to use and share under these license conditions.
- Just For Kids: A Comic Exploring The New Coronavirus from National Public Radio
- COVID-19 Time Capsule, a free download from LONG Creations, includes 10 activities encouraging learning, exploration, and connection during the pandemic.
Confederated Tribes of Grand Ronde Tribal History curriculum unit
Historically accurate and culturally relevant curricula about Oregon Native Americans for grades 2, 4, 6, and 8.
Oregon Department of Education’s Tribal History/Shared History resources
An outgrowth of Oregon Senate Bill 13, this growing collection of resources includes an educator toolkit, an Oregon map with Tribal locations, and more.
Smithsonian National Museum of Natural History
Lesson plans, web-based activities, and other educational resources in science and natural history topics.
Smithsonian National Museum of the American Indian
Provides educators and students with new perspectives on Native American history and cultures.
National Native American Heritage Month
November is National American Indian Heritage Month. Browse ready-to-use lesson plans, student activities, collection guides, and research aids.
City Nature Challenge Education Toolkit
Your students can be part of a community of naturalists in the City Nature Challenge, an international effort by everyday people to find and document plants and wildlife in cities around the world. The challenge happens each year around Earth Day. Learn more.