The museum has reopened to the public with new, limited hours.
Thursday through Sunday
11:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
Our new hours and timed ticketing system ensure a safe and enjoyable visit for every guest! Learn more.
Health and safety are our priorities.
We've developed a reopening plan that fully adheres to guidance from the University of Oregon and Oregon’s Office of the Governor. The plan prioritizes the health and safety of our visitors, volunteers, students, and staff while recognizing the importance of community access to exhibits on Indigenous cultures, race and justice, and environmental stewardship.
We have several measures in place to protect the health of our visitors and staff:
- All visitors must wear a mask or other face covering during their visit and maintain a distance of at least six feet from anyone not in their household. Please note that masks are required in all indoor public spaces on the University of Oregon campus.
- We are facilitating social distancing by limiting the number of people in the museum building at any one time, providing signage to ensure a safer flow of traffic through the exhibit halls, and requiring that visiting children be closely supervised by their adult(s) at all times.
- We urge all visitors to stay home when sick. Please review the University of Oregon's symptom checker and make sure you haven't experienced any of the listed symptoms during the 72 hours leading up to your visit. Museum staff members are also committed to staying home when sick and will perform a standardized symptom check before coming to work each day.
- We’re providing visitors with additional hand-washing and hand-sanitizing stations and conducting frequent cleaning and sanitizing procedures throughout the building.
- We will accept only credit and debit card payments or exact change for cash payments.
- Groups of more than 10 are not permitted in the museum at this time.
Open hours and safety protocols are subject to change based on continuing guidance from the University of Oregon and the Oregon Health Authority. Please stay tuned to our website for updates.
Questions about our safety procedures or visiting during COVID? Call 541-346-3024 or email email@example.com.
Remote work continues.
Many of the museum's staff members are continuing to work remotely. Each of us remains available to our community via email, phone, and on social media. Stay connected with us on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and YouTube, or use our staff directory to get in touch directly.
Are you a UO faculty member wishing to work with the museum during the 2020-21 academic year? Please email firstname.lastname@example.org for information and scheduling.
Are you a K-12 educator looking for teaching and learning resources? Visit our K-12 Programs page to explore our in-person and remote education offerings.