Enhance your students' learning. Our lesson and unit plans are designed to supplement K-12 programs at the museum or in your classroom.
They'll help students prepare for their museum adventure, practice related vocabulary, review important concepts, and reflect on their experience.
- Animal Teeth and Skulls Handout
- Habitat Detectives Lesson Plan (Grades K-2)
- Wild Animal Exploration Lesson Plan (Grades K-2)
- Habitats and the Ecosystem Lesson Plan (Grades 4-8)
- Animals and their Habitats Lesson Plan (Grades 4-8)
- Animal Adaptations Lesson Plan (Grades 4-8)
- Big Bad Wolves - Fact or Fiction? Lesson Plan (Grades 6-8)
Smithsonian National Museum of Natural History
Lesson plans, web-based activities, and other educational resources in science and natural history topics.
Smithsonian National Museum of the American Indian
Provides educators and students with new perspectives on Native American history and cultures.
National Native American Heritage Month
November is National American Indian Heritage Month. Browse ready-to-use lesson plans, student activities, collection guides, and research aids.